As it is the second Tuesday of the month, it’s time for patching all supported versions of Microsoft Windows operating systems. Being the last patch of the year, Microsoft now started rolling out the Windows 10 December 2022 Patch Tuesday (KB5021233) update for versions 20H2, 21H1, 21H2, 22H2, and Windows 11 December 2022 Patch Tuesday (KB5021255, KB5021234) update for version 21H2 and 22H2.
This update adds security improvements to your Windows operating system. To know more about the fixes in this build, and to download the Windows 10 KB5021233 update offline installer, continue reading further.
Windows 10 is a service, as you are already aware, and it is constantly improved through the use of Windows Updates. The majority or all of the updates are downloaded and updated automatically if you have already turned on automatic updates.
This update applies to each of the Windows 10 versions 20H2, 21H1, 21H2, and 22H2 because they all share the same core operating system and collection of system files.
Windows 10 KB5021233 Update is now rolling out to Windows 10 version 20H2, Windows 10 version 21H1, Windows 10 version 21H2, and Windows 10 version 22H2 bringing the build number to 19042.2364, 19043.2364, 19044.2364, and 19045.2364, respectively. Continue reading for additional details and to download the offline installer for the Windows 10 KB5021233 Update.
What’s new and improved in Windows 10 KB5021233 update
This version adds many security enhancements to the internal workings of the OS. There were no other issues reported for this release.
Apart from this, the Windows 10 KB5021233 update also addresses the following issues:
New Improvements in Windows 10
- The Camera app’s problem is fixed in this update. When memory is low, the app becomes unresponsive.
- This Windows operating system upgrade fixes security flaws.
- When you enable tiny taskbar button mode or position the taskbar at the top of your screen, the search box is now always displayed on the taskbar by default. Directly from your taskbar, you may search the web and your computer using the search box to find information. Right-click your primary monitor’s taskbar, then select the Search option to customize how the search is displayed.
- Make using the taskbar more efficient! Your taskbar no longer comes with Cortana pre-pinned by default. See Using Cortana in Windows for information on how to pin Cortana back to the taskbar.
- It fixes a few recurring update issues with the Microsoft Store.
- It deals with a problem that some printers have. Misaligned print outputs are present.
- It talks about the Republic of Fiji’s decision to suspend Daylight Saving Time (DST) for the current calendar year.
How to download Windows 10 KB5021233 update (offline installer)
If your Windows Update service is enabled, you should have received this update notification. If not, open the Windows 10 Settings app, navigate to Windows Update and click the “Check for Updates” button.
If you own multiple Windows 10 devices or if you would like to patch the systems manually, you can download the offline installer by clicking here. This is an official direct download link for Windows 10 KB5021233 update.