Weddings are a once-in-a-lifetime event, and nothing tells this story better than a destination wedding. To help you plan the perfect wedding, we’ve compiled a list of top destination wedding locations in Greece in 2023. Ready to book your dream wedding? Read on!
With stunning postcard-worthy views, Mykonos wedding locations can accommodate any style or budget. From intimate cliff-side ceremonies to sprawling palaces with expansive gardens and sandy beaches, here are some of the best places to tie the knot on Mykonos:
- Elounda Beach: With sweeping views of the ocean across Elounda Bay, this is a perfect location for an intimate ceremony or reception. You can also host your wedding at one of the many luxury villas overlooking the beach.
- Karterini: Nestled among picturesque pine forests and crystal clear waters, Karterini is a stunning location for a grand ceremony or reception. The nearby beach is perfect for cocktail hour and photos after your ceremony.
- Palamidi: This lavish palace overlooks a gorgeous bay on Palamidi Island and can accommodate up to 300 guests for a formal wedding or 150 for a more relaxed affair. You can also choose to have your ceremony outside in the courtyard or terrace overlooking the bay.
With its dramatic volcanic landscapes and picturesque villages, Santorini is a wedding paradise. From the glittering white-sand beaches to the picturesque old towns, there are countless reasons why couples have chosen this UNESCO World Heritage Site as their dream destination for a wedding. Here are some of the most popular locations for wedding in Santorini:
- Fira – Santorini’s vibrant capital city, Fira is home to many of the island’s most iconic wedding venues. With stunning views of the Caldera and Post Office Bay, Fira is an ideal place to exchange marital vows overlooking one of Greece’s most beautiful natural wonders.
- Oia – One of Santorini’s most photographed villages, Oia is unforgettable for its wild sulfur cliffs, crystal clear waters, and picture-perfect white-sand beaches. With idyllic cobblestone streets winding amongst century-old homes, Oia makes for an enchanting backdrop for ceremonies and receptions of all sizes.
- Kamari – Once a tiny fishing village perched atop a bluff above the sea, Kamari has since grown into one of Santorini’s most popular wedding destinations. Its whitewashed houses cling precariously to the steep cliff sides, while azure waters lapping at their feet create mesmerizing photo opportunities perfect for wedding ceremonies and honeymoons alike.
Rhodes is one of the most popular wedding destinations in Greece. With its dramatic landscape, stunning beaches, and lush countryside, Rhodes is perfect for weddings of all sizes and styles. From intimate ceremonies on isolated Greek islands to large beach weddings on the impressive coastline of Rhodes, there are plenty of options to choose from.
Some of the best places to get married in Rhodes include Itanos Beach on Lindos Island, Kastelli Beach on Paros Island, and Paradise Beach on Ionia. Each location offers its own unique features that will make your wedding unforgettable.
The spectacular views and serene surroundings are perfect for intimate ceremonies while the crystal-clear waters provide stunning photo opportunities for beach weddings.
Greece is a popular wedding destination for couples looking for picturesque surroundings and lush countryside. From intimate cliff-side ceremonies to sprawling palaces with expansive gardens, there are plenty of beautiful wedding locations in Greece that will make your wedding unforgettable.